Let us face it, you have your own classified site and you want to generate revenue from it. In order to earn revenue, your classified site needs to be effective in disseminating the ads that it carries. So how do you make your classifieds effective? Here are some ideas.
- Contrary to what you might be thinking, think about making your classified site revenue based. Though, advertisers flock to the free classifieds site, it has its own downside – In a free classified, genuine ads go unnoticed, under the heaps of volumes of not so proper ads. Levying charges on the ads makes sense as the cost of advertisement in the classifieds is so low, even the profit from a single sale of an advertised item will be enough to pay for the advertisement in the classifieds.
- You need to make your website search engine friendly. There are numerous classifieds out there and most probably the visitors are getting to the ads they want using search engines. So, it is very important that your site is search engine friendly.
- Your classified needs to be integrated with the social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and Pininterest. You have to make sure that the ads published on your website can be liked and shared on social sites.
- Promote your site. Like every business, you need to promote your classifieds too. Without promotion, your site will remain unnoticed, and all the hard work you have put, will be wasted.
- In order to own a lucrative classifieds, you need to have a strategy. For example – if you feel that your site will get more traffic if it is free, then decide which parts of your classifieds would be free and which parts will be levied a fee. Then, you can gradually improve your classifieds from experience. Similarly, since there are many classifieds in the net, you need to carve your niche. So think outside the box, try something different.
If you follow these ideas, your classifieds will be on its way to success and if you need a classified software try Listbingo.